Protecting TRUE Religious Freedom
FFRF Maine (the Maine chapter of the national FFRF) that works to protect your religious freedom invites you to a meeting to express your concerns about religion being taught in school. The meeting will be at the Margaret Chase Smith School on Wednesday, May 18 from 6:30 to 8 PM.
In October, 2014, Skowhegan parents publicly expressed their concerns that an outside group was teaching religion to children after school.
Are you concerned religious teachings could;
- Undermine your parental right to raise your child in your family’s faith traditions?
- Damage your child’s positive self-image by being taught they are sinners in need of salvation?
- Subject your child to religious bullying and shame in school by other “saved” schoolmates?
- Rob your child of a fact based education replaced by an antiscience, anti-open inquiry agenda?
You are invited to learn how you can:
- Protect your child’s right to a quality education.
- Promote respect for your child’s inherent dignity.
- Support your child’s intellectual health.
- Free your child from religious bullying.
For more information, email Tom Waddell, President, FFRF Maine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2076137080.
This is not an activity of the school or the School District. Please do not call the school for further information.